Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hello Americans

I just started this blog after romping in the park with my two children and my husband. I am a 37 year old African American woman living the American dream. We live in Oak Park Illinois. My husband is of Norwegian/Irish decent and I'm mixed with a whole bunch of stuff as well. I'll get to that later. 

Now as of late, I've been really involved in this years presidential election. For the record, I'm an Obama supporter. Always have been. And it's not because he's black. It's because he's smart. For once, I'd love to have a president smarter and more insightful than me. 

I'll start by trying to post images and events that have given me my zest for life from the last ten years. I have a lot of catching up to do. I never knew this "blogging" stuff was so darn easy.

Also, for the record, I tend to use foul language. I can't help it. What better way to express your passion than with an upper case FUCK. Sorry. Sometimes other words just don't fit the bill. 

And then, just now, my sister called and we started discussing Fledgling, Octavia Butlers last novel. I told her I think she was going to write the sequel if she had not died. 
That Sucks

No comments: